When visiting Mykonos by Cruise Ship you probably have limited time in Mykonos Port and desire to make the most of it. Whether you are going for a Mykonos shore excursion or touring Mykonos on your own, here is the info you will need on Mykonos Luxury cruise Ports, and a few ideas on what to do in Mykonos per day.
There are 2 Cruise Port Terminals in Mykonos
1) Tourlos Interface by docking – Tourlos Slot (also called New Dock) has a Cruise Ship Dock. Its located about 1.5 km/1 mile north of Mykonos town in Tourlos, very close to AgiosStefanos beach. Your Sail Line may provide you with a shuttle bus service to take you from your Sail Slot to Mykonos Town Harbor (also called Old Slot) which is situated at the north end of Mykonos Town. You could head into town from Tourlos Port but the highway is small and without sidewalks. There’s a sea-bus service functioning between the Tourlos Cruise Interface and Mykonos Town which leaves frequently and costs 2 &euro per person/one way.
2) Mykonos Town by tenders- Some CRUISE LINES anchor at sea and passengers are taken up to Mykonos Town by tender, disembarking right by the city Hall and Delos Ferries Pier.
Touring mykonos cruises and boat transfers by yourself and how to proceed per day:
• Have a stroll through Mykonos Town – If you are arriving in Mykonos by CRUISE LINER, we recommend you go to the quaint and beautiful Mykonos Town. Its white-washed complexes and labyrinth-like narrow streets are incredibly photographic and absolute to leave a lasting impression.
While in Mykonos Town, stay on course to some of its top destinations: Windmills, Little Venice and Paraportiani cathedral. All these sights are not not even close to each other, which leaves you time for either shopping or soothing witha traditional “Ouzo with Mezze” by the sea.
You will discover no vehicles allowed in Mykonos Town, so have in mind that it is all walking on an uneven surface.
• Go to a beach – Mykonos is very famous for its beaches and also has among the better beaches in Greece, especially on the south shore.
Beaches for lovers and individuals: PlatisYialos, Ornos, Saint Stefanos
Beaches with watersports: Psarou, Platis Yialos, Kalafatis, Super Paradise
Get together beaches: Paradise, Super Paradise, Paranga.
Up market beach: Psarou.
• Enjoy a lunch time by the sea – There are various eateries in Mykonos with a wide food range, so that it is not really a surprise that many call the island a gastronomic paradise. We highly recommend a meal by the ocean, at the beach or in Mykonos Town.
Most of the beaches in Mykonos include a variety of traditional taverns and nice restaurants,some have even desks and chairs put on the beach fine sand.
Mykonos Town’s water-front is a superb destination to relax and have a meal at anyone of twelve cafe-restaurants. Little Venice area is also known once and for all restaurants with its sea view looking western world toward the sunsets but itsprice range may be marginally more than average.